Scorpio Group, one of the world’s largest shipping dry bulk and tanker companies has signed up for Sea IT´s BlueCORE ICT-solution. Sea IT and Scorpio partnership will be extensive, from IT equipment purchasing and warehousing, to onboard deployment and day to day maintenance. The agreement is expected to cover progressively all the Scorpio fleet.
- BlueCORE provides us with an advanced IT platform with real-time monitoring of all services and applications that is managed and maintained remotely within a Service Management Agreement framework. It supports the onboard crew user experience while enabling the faster introduction of new or updated services across our Fleet, says Alasthair Saunders, Scorpio Vessel IT Service Delivery Service Line Lead.
- BlueCORE is a not only an evolution from our existing onboard IT infrastructure, it’s a change that involves all the Vessel IT service delivery process chain. I’m positively impressed by the attention to detail, the professionalism and the commitment that all Sea IT team is constantly demonstrating, giving me the confidence for a long-lasting partnership, says Nicola Fainelli, Scorpio Group CIO.
- We are extremely proud to sign our largest contract ever with the professional and fast growing Scorpio Group says Kristian Ryberg CEO at Sea IT. The project is in full operation and we expect to install in average 10 vessels per month during the coming 18 months.
BlueCORE ICT System for Operational Efficiency and Cost Savings
Sea IT is a system integration specialist and has long experience of developing sustainable, stable and secure ICT solutions for the shipping industry. Sea IT built the first version of BlueCORE security solution in conjunction with an installation of a large VSAT project for its customers as early as 2006. Today, Sea IT installs version 5 of BlueCORE system that has been constantly improved and developed based on the experience the company has accumulated during all years in the industry.
- The big difference between Scorpio and our previous customers is that Scorpio has bought the entire BlueCORE cyber security solution and that only small adjustments based on the original design have been made to adapt the solution to Scorpio's wishes. Together with IOActive, we have tested and quality validated the system based on cyber security and the system has also undergone extensive proof of concept onboard two of Scorpio's vessels to ensure that the solution offers all the functionality desired, says Kristian Ryberg, CEO of Sea IT.
BlueCORE is a mindset and not a product
The BlueCORE services are not products and are not dependent of any specific hardware. BlueCORE is a mindset and a concept structure that integrates all software, hardware and communication to a fully functional operating ICT system. Day to day business is monitored - and all critical updates of the programs and content of the vessels - will be performed according to the shipping companies IT and security policies. No human interference with the crew onboard is needed. The BlueCORE Concept is a fully managed ICT service 24/7.
Sea IT offers customers a "One-Stop-Shop"
It is not only BlueCORE that has developed and improved - Sea IT as a company has also undergone major changes in the past year and has doubled its staff. Today, 35 people work at the company. With the recruitment of new employees and the new office that Sea IT built and moved into during the year, Sea IT is today the ”one-stop-shop” that many customers demand.
- Today we have the opportunity to do everything connected to our ICT solutions in-house. Everything from system design, development, programming and configuration, to production, logistics, installation and support. It is also this that makes it possible for a relatively small company like us to not only sell our solutions to large customers, but also to be able to implement, manage, support and develop them in a cost-effective way, says Mattias Patriksson, COO at Sea IT.
The execution of installations around the world is a critical factor for both the customer and Sea IT. With a carefully planned design to the smallest detail, both the customer and Sea IT can reap the benefits.
- It's all about logistics and planning and we are unique in that sense, says Kristian Ryberg, CEO of Sea IT. We run logistics planning, an area where great cost savings can be made when executed perfectly. We make sure that our technicians have the right tools, the right equipment and are in the right place to meet the vessel's operational needs 24/7/365 around the world. This allows us to complete the installation in 30 hours during a port stop. In this way, our customers can expect maximum up-time and at the same time we have minimal support, this is a win-win deal for both parties.
We simply cannot keep our staff on a ship leaving the port - nor can we run a company with installations that continue over several port stops. It's pointless, but we know it's common in the industry, Kristian continues.
The BlueCORE Concept Enables onboard Scorpio vessels Fully Functional Operating ICT System
The ICT installations are based on BlueCORE from Sea IT. It is designed to fit global marine operations and meet high security standards. BlueCORE is built to optimize business processes, reduce operational costs and to ensure maximum efficiency by utilizing all available IT resources, onboard.
The BlueCORE infrastructure enables a close collaboration with 3rd parties and integration of their products to ensure it is an optimal solution for Scorpio Group. In the agreement, Sea IT have integrated a fuel optimization system in the BlueCORE services and the installation is prepared for future system installations such as engine monitoring, scrubber system and a training system. The infrastructure is open for future secure integrations of 3rd party products that are important for the Scorpio Group operations.
The BlueCORE concept consists of multiple components such as: system design, test and verification, training, policies, documentation, support, monitoring, communication, standardization and logistics planning. In the Scorpio Group agreement, Sea IT manages big data with over 100 real time monitors covering critical components such as server processes and loads, up time, the UPS units battery status – all set up and monitored to optimize the vessels run time and guarantee smooth operations at sea.
- Our customers trust our expertise in integrating all the various providers solutions and hardware components. Spanning from integrations to team management for the installations, project leaders and support – we do it all. We also monitor their ICT system remotely. This way we can ensure that Scorpio Group gets a smooth and well executed process with maximum run time, says Kristian Ryberg.
The BlueCORE concept enables a seamless integration between the crew onboard and the office. With the new ICT system onboard, Scorpio Group will be able to regard its fleet as a remote office location.
Sea IT collaborates with leading partners in the maritime industry and integrates all 3rd party software and equipment, management of big data, phones, networks, WI-FI, and more.
About Sea IT
Sea IT, an independent system integrator specialized in the marine sector, offers second-to-none reliable ICT solutions. Sea IT collaborates with leading companies on a global basis to provide the best possible solutions to customers based on their requirements. The company has a strong network and has installed +350 successful projects for the marine industry to date. Sea IT serves its customers from 2 continents, 3 offices and provides dedicated support 24/7/365. The Sea IT products and services are offered under the brands BlueCORE™, BlueCLOUD™, BlueSAT™, BlueCALL™, BlueTV™, BlueSKY™, BlueCONFERENCE™, BlueCONNECT™ and more. For more information please visit www.seait.se.
About Scorpio Group
Scorpio is a maritime shipping group headquartered out of Monaco with offices globally in India, US, UK, Singapore, UAE and subsidiaries in Greece, Turkey and Latvia. The main activities of the company are centered on Commercial and Technical Operations of oceangoing Vessels, be it Oil/Product Tankers or Dry Bulk Carriers in several different segments.