GOTHENBURG, Sweden – – Sea IT has recently signed a long term ICT agreement with Veritas Tankers. The deal includes installation of the BlueCLOUD™ Office platform at Veritas Tankers’ headquarters. BlueCLOUD™ Office is a cloud-based solution which fully integrates the fleet and the office communication as a one-stop-shop.
– We are very pleased to see yet another customer choose Sea IT and integrate their whole ICT communication for their fleet and the office. Other shipping companies have already understood the value of the solution and the many improvements and cost savings they can benefit from, says Kristian Ryberg, CEO at Sea IT.
BlueCLOUD™ Office is a dynamic service which enables Veritas Tankers management to instant access where they can easily add and remove users or change user rights. Besides BlueCLOUD™ Office, Veritas Tankers also benefit from the module BlueCONNECT™, a virtualised software which acts as mail server and carrier controller.
Sea IT has previously entered a Fixed BlueCORE™ ICT agreement with Veritas Tankers to upgrade all their vessels – Astina, Astral and Astoria – during a 3-year period. It enables Veritas Tankers to regard its ship as remote office locations with real-time, on-line access to internal applications.
More customers Choose One-Stop-Shop Solutions
Sea IT continues to upgrade its customers with one-stop-shop solutions in order for customers to connect all vessels with the land office in real-time and to have a single-point-of contact for all IT and communication.
– Now Veritas Tankers will get full access to all mail and logistics software, a critical point in communication to avoid slow turn around in harbors. A less than 100% operational ICT solution can be an expensive and time consuming delay, says Kristian Ryberg, CEO at Sea IT.
– We need the best possible surveillance available in the market combined with maximum up-time. Therefor we wanted to work with Sea IT who are ICT experts, delivers reliable ICT systems and have long experience from the shipping industry. Their holistic solutions along with a well-run service desk made them our top pick, says Anders Johnsson, Deputy Managing Director & Crew Manager at Veritas Tankers.
BlueCLOUD™ Office is a module offered within the BlueCORE™ ICT platform, a future proof SAAS based solution. The Windows-based system is fully redundant and set up to perform automatic backups on a daily basis, allowing all data stored onboard to be accessible through a direct VPN connection from the office. It guarantees full surveillance 24/7/365, full back-up and provides for increased security on board.
– Veritas Tankers have fully embraced the ICT concept and understands its business benefits, therefor we look forward to the upcoming years and hear more about increased efficiency and cost savings, says Kristian Ryberg CEO at Sea IT. With BlueCONNECT™, which has been developed to support all leading email solutions, they will always know exactly which communication systems are available and which ones currently are in use.
BlueCORE™ is a cost efficient, modular platform which supports Veritas Tankers business objectives. It is built to optimize business processes, reduce operational costs and to ensure maximum efficiency by utilizing all available IT resources onboard. It enables a seamless integration between the crew onboard and the office.
With BlueCORE™ Veritas Tankers can integrate and structure all programs from various departments – from Technical and Operations; Chartering; Health Safety Environment & Quality; Human Resources to 3rd parties for fuel consumption, sea chart updates and more.
It is a completely open architecture for M2M management and fully supports integration of future 3rd party products. With a flexible, scalable and easy-to use platform further cost savings can be made. 3rd party products can be integrated to further reduce costs for Veritas Tankers, for example maintenance costs.
– At Sea IT we also have experience and certified technicians specialized in VSAT, GSM, Net1, Inmarsat, Iridium and other communication systems, continues Kristian Ryberg at Sea IT.